ACLS for Experienced Providers goes beyond the core ACLS training by offering critical thinking opportunities for those advanced, experienced, healthcare professionals who use ACLS on a regular basis. The goal of ACLS EP is to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other (e.g., metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through cooperative learning and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and postarrest patients.
For those who have advanced understanding in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, understanding ACLS pharmacology; and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest, or postarrest patients.
What do I need to do before class? What do I bring with me to class?
- Complete the ACLS EP pretest. Request the pretest by contacting RSTC at RSTC@pennstatehealth.psu.edu or 717-531-1834. FAILURE TO BRING YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION WILL RESULT IN YOUR EXPULSION FROM THE COURSE.
- Review the course textbook. Textbooks are available in the Harrel Library and can be purchased online from a variety of sellers.
What should I wear to a live class?
Wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require work on your hands and knees, and the course requires bending, standing, and lifting. If you have any physical condition that might prevent you from engaging in these activities, please tell an instructor. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment if you have back, knee, or hip problems.
How much does the course cost?
If you are a PSH or PSU COM employee/student, you will be charged in the following scenarios:
- Withdrawal and cancellation received within 24 hours of the course.
- Failure to show.
- If you received an online course, started the online course, but failed to complete the online course or show for the classroom portion.
If you are not a PSH or PSU COM employee, you will be charged the full amount for this course.
How do I cancel?
- If you are a PSH or PSU COM employee/student withdraw on Compass. Withdrawl from an ACLS EP is required 14 days before the class!
- If you are not a PSH or PSU COM employee/student contact RSTC at RSTC@pennstatehealth.psu.edu or 717-531-1834.
Where’s my card?
RSTC attempts to process all courses within 5 days, excluding holidays and weekends.
Wait, I have a question about...?
If you have any questions about the course, contact RSTC at RSTC@pennstatehealth.psu.edu or 717-531-1834.